Born on 05.09.1966 in Ehingen/Donau.
Studied human medicine at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Wellington/New Zealand.
Afterwards, clinical activity took place at the Klinikum Rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich, in the Clinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics for specialist training. Dr. med. F. M. Balensiefen has been the physician in charge of the national ice hockey teams of the German Ice Hockey Federation since January 1997. As part of his sports medicine activities, he was a member of the organizing committee of the Ice Hockey World Championship in Germany in May 2001 as Medical Officer. In March 2006, he was a doctor for the German Olympic team in Turin.
During his training he was active in accident surgery and emergency medicine in the Berchtesgadener Land. Before joining Dr. Sauer’s practice, Dr. Balensiefen worked as a specialist in orthopedics and, since February 2004, as a senior physician and consultant in pediatric orthopedics at Schwabing Hospital. During this time he completed numerous courses from spine surgery, foot surgery, osteosynthesis. He obtained the additional title “Sports Medicine” as well as an international diploma for “Mountain and Expedition Medicine”.
During the clinical work, more than 150 lectures as well as numerous publications in the fields of experimental orthopedics and sports medicine were produced.
- 2010 – Co-founder of the Orthopedic Center Munich East (OZMO)
- 2014 – Doctor of the German Olympic team in Sochi 2014 / ice hockey
Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- 1986 Obtained the general. Higher education entrance qualification at the Humanistisches Gymnasium in Ehingen/Donau
- 1987 Civilian service
- 1994 3rd state examination after studying human medicine at the Eberhard- Karls-University Tübingen and the University of Wellington/ New Zealand
- 1995 Doctorate with the grade “Summa cum laude” Dissertation topic: The Achilles tendon, a sonographic, macroscopic, histological and biomechanical study
- until 1997 Internship and Residency at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopedics and Sports Orthopedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich with Prof. Dr. E. Hipp and Prof. Dr. med. A. Imhoff
- from 1998 Resident at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich under Univ.-Prof. R. Gradinger
- since 1997 Supervising physician of the DEB national ice hockey teams
- 6/99-5/01 Resident and emergency physician in the Department of Surgery and Trauma Surgery at the Berchtesgadener Land Clinics with Chief Physician Dr. med. G. Schattenmann as part of orthopedic residency training
- 2001 Medical Chief Officer of the World Ice Hockey Championship in Germany
- from 7/01 Scientific assistant at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopaedics and Sports Orthopaedics at the Klinikum rechts der Isar of the Technical University of Munich under Prof. R. Gradinger
- 2003 Specialist in orthopedics and functional senior physician
- 2006 Doctor of the German Olympic Team in Turin 2006/ Ice Hockey
- 2/04-4/07 Senior physician at Klinikum rechts der Isar and consultant for pediatric orthopedics at KH -Schwabing
- since 4/07 Orthopedist and Sports Physician in Grafing near Munich
- 2010 Foundation of the Orthopedic Center Munich East
- 2014 Doctor of the German Olympic Team in Sochi 2014 / Ice Hockey